Mediation is a confidential, informal and nonadversarial process with the objective of helping people in conflict to reach a mutually acceptable and voluntary agreement. A certified mediator is a trained neutral third person who encourages and facilitates the resolution of a dispute. The role of the mediator is to assist the parties to identify issues, foster joint problem-solving, and explore settlement alternatives.
Here is what I bring as a Family Law Mediator:
- Certified by the Florida Supreme Court to mediate family law cases.
- 35+ years as a practicing attorney in Palm Beach, Broward, and Dade counties (1980-present). In Palm Beach County since 1987.
- 25+ years practicing mainly family law, child advocacy (guardian ad litem/attorney ad litem), and mental health law (1989-present).
- 5+ years in a firm practicing mainly business, tax, and pension, (transactional and litigation)(1981-1986). I understand complex business and tax issues in Family Law matters.
- 5 years in Inns of Court and 6 years on a Florida Bar Grievance Committee. I am committed to ethical and civil conduct.
- Certified Guardian ad Litem since 1987. Trained in Family Court practice. Specialized training in sexual abuse protocols. I have been involved in hundreds of GAL cases as either a GAL, pro bono attorney or supervising attorney, and have been a GAL to dozens of children in family division cases.
- Trained and experienced in Collaborative Family Law.
- My office or yours. My office on Federal Highway in Boca Raton includes two conference rooms, additional suites, coffee and beverages, easy parking, and a café. There is no charge for travel time to your office.
- Reasonable hourly rates. I accept payment by cash, check, credit card, and Paypal.